An ever cultural superpowers.
In the past, sometimes, China was conquered by nomadic people. But these very conqueror were then fascinated by China culture and were finally assimilated into China culture. For example, the Qing Dynasty, Northern Wei Dynasty.
The cultural influence of China upon Vietnam, Japan, Korea are undisputable immense.
2. Most of history, China has usually been a military, politic, economic superpower.
3. Deep down inside, China possesses an unique confidence and resilience coming from thousands of years of being a cultural superpower, a “Center Country”.
During the Second Sino-Japanese War, the war that cost from 10 to 20 millions Chinese lives. And the world are shocked by the brutality of Japanese towards Chinese people, especially Nanjing Massacre, Unit 731. However, Chiang Kai-shek once said that The Japanese is a disease of the skin , the Communists is a disease of the heart. If we look back into China history, we can notice that the Second Sino-Japanese War is not China bloodiest war. And the atrocities the Japanese did to China during WW2 is not the most brutal one that foreign invader did to Chinese people. For example: The Manchu Conquest of China: over 25 millions death, Taiping Rebellion: 20–30 millions death… And most importantly, there are many times, the conqueror were then assimilated by China culture, and became Chinese. Therefore, to Chinese, The Japanese invasion is just a disease of the skin. But Communism, an ideology that may affect Chinese way of life, was seen by Chiang Kai-shek as a disease of the heart.
Even during lowest point in China history, China still managed to fight with the US in Korea War (1950–1953) to a stalemate. At that time, the US was the strongest superpower in the world, the only nuclear power, even the USSR also avoided direct confrontation with the US. China still took on the US. This unique confidence come from thousands of years of being a “Center Country”
4. A global superpower : 21st Century will definitely be China century.
5. Great help to Vietnam during Vietnam war (1954–1975) and Vietnam Independence War Against France (1945–1954)
I am grateful to Chinese for your help especially during the Vietnam Independence War Against France (1945–1954). At that time, the US, the world richest and strongest country then, chose to side with the France to continue to enslave Vietnamese. And China was the only country that open arms to us at this desperate time. China is the first country that recognized Democratic Republic Vietnam of President Ho Chi Minh in 1949. The Soviet Union and Stalin then was indifferent to Vietnam Independence War. Without China help, it would be extremely difficult for us to defeat the France. To our Chinese friend, we never forget your help. Vietnam propaganda machine nowadays mainly focus on our sea dispute, but rarely talk about our good old days. I think that we should have had a better relationship.
Some Vietnamese argued that China help to Vietnam also benefited China, such as: China could expand her political influence in international arena, Vietnam served as a pawn of China, the USSR in the world hegemony game. I think that in addition to the above reasons, China help to Vietnam also came from the compassion of Chinese people giving to us. To our Chinese friend, we also love you a lot.
6. I think that the propaganda machine of the US and the West are extremely unfair and bias toward China and Chinese people. For example: The “One Belt One Road Initiative” of China clearly bring about lots of benefit to host countries. But the US and the West propaganda only portrayed it as: “China Debt Trap, Environment Pollution, Chinazi Plan Of World Hegemony”. Sadly, many Vietnam e-newspaper followed the US and the West propaganda. I strongly disagree with them. This propaganda agenda only deepen the misunderstanding between us.